[3830] ARRLDX CW 4U1WB(AJ3M) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW 4U1WB(AJ3M) SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2023 20:03:59 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW - 2023

Call: 4U1WB
Operator(s): AJ3M
Station: 4U1WB

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Washington, DC
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:   42    27
   15:   65    26
   10:  118    45
-------------------
Total:  225    98  Total Score = 66,150

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Part-time effort from the 4U1WB club station at the World Bank in Washington,
DC.

I had difficulty with some fellow contesters who did not know that 4U1WB was
a station in DC, the capital of the United States. They did not want to
work 4U1WB because they thought that 4U1WB was a DX station while they were
to work US and Canadian stations. I just wanted to give out
the DC multiplier. Some ignored my calls while others were kind enough to
explain to me that they needed to work US and Canadian stations only. They
thought that I was new to contesting and that I did not know the rules.

This happens during every ARRL CW/Phone DX Contest. Even some US operators (I
could tell from their accent during some Phone Contests that they are from the
US) at well-known DX contest stations ignored my calls or told me that they
would not work 4U1WB because they were looking for US and Canadian stations.

Some contesters told me to use 4U1WB/W3. As the club station's callsign issued
by the United Nations is 4U1WB, we do not use 4U1WB/W3.

73,

Masa