[3830] ARRLDX CW W1DYJ SOUAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, larryb@alum.mit.edu
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW W1DYJ SOUAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2023 21:02:44 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW - 2023

Call: W1DYJ
Operator(s): W1DYJ
Station: W1DYJ

Class: SOUAB LP
QTH: EMA
Operating Time (hrs): 10:19

  160:    2     2
   80:   39    23
   40:  135    48
   20:  110    59
   15:  129    55
   10:  122    53
-------------------
Total:  537   240  Total Score = 386,640

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Knowing about the impending CME, I expected this to be
a slow contest.  As all have mentioned it was just the
opposite.  What fun!  With my inability to rapidly
decode CW or touch type I am relegated to "C&P.  There
were so many running stations everywhere that even with
"C&P" I was able to often hit rates above 60.

It was a personal best for this contest in my nine
attempts, and the first one over 500 Qs.  Too bad I
only was able to spend 10+ hours in the chair.

I spent so much time on 10 & 15 that I almost totally
ignored 160 (only two Qs) and spent little time on 80
or 20.  My best antenna is on 10 -- going 20+ years back
to my Technician days -- and 10 was an endless supply of
Qs.  Thanks to all that answered me, and especially to
the seven stations that gave me 5-banders.  I did hear
two ATNO's (DU & V8) but couldn't break either pileup.

Rig: TS-590SG
Actual BIC = 10:19 hours
   (Traditional "60 minute" time = 14:31 hours)
Antennas:
   Upper HF - Roof Tower
         10:  HB 5el yagi @ 30ft
         15:  HB Rotatable Dipole @ 33ft
         20:  HB Moxon @ 36ft
   160/80/40  HB Fan dipole: trapped 80/40/30 [SE-NW]
         AND trapped 160/75 [S-N, with North end
         turning a few times to fit in the yard]
            >>35' at center, between 30' and 15' at
            the various ends (a small back yard!)