[3830] ARRLDX CW N4SS(@W5MX) M/S LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW N4SS(@W5MX) M/S LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2023 02:42:52 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW - 2023

Call: N4SS
Operator(s): W5MX K4FT N4AAJ WK9M AC6ZM KJ4YLR W4ZXT
Station: W5MX

Class: M/S LP
QTH: KY
Operating Time (hrs): 46:40

  160:   14    13
   80:  122    50
   40:  349    71
   20:  713    90
   15:  756   100
   10: 1013    96
-------------------
Total: 2967   420  Total Score = 3,732,120

Club: Kentucky Contest Group

Comments:

WOW, now that was a ride!
First off, excellent conditions kept the team busy all weekend. I can't even
count the number of times I said "wow!" when coming accross certain
situations like multi-path echo, late high band openings, LP openings, deep asia
openings etc etc. And with many excellent signals to boot!
We assembled a great team this year, and for once had enough operators. John
K4FT came up from SC, Randy WK9M and Juan AC6ZM came up from TN and then we had
our locals N4AAJ, W4ZXT and KJ4YLR. We had a mixture of full time operators and
some who could only operate a short time, but at the end we kept a signal on the
air almost the whole 48 hours which is great!
Another note, we decided to tough it out with low power. I was a bit inspired by
my results in the CQWW WPX RTTY last weekend so the team voted to give it a go.
Once again, different strategy with LP. Need to be flexible and ready to move
when someone steals your freq or moves in close. No sense in trying to fight it
out, sometimes I wonder if the other folks really cant hear you, or pretend they
cant :-). Many ever sent QRL or even a couple of ?'s before cq'ing. In any case,
we had an absolute blast and it's amazing what the 100w with some decent antenna
options and of course good conditions can do. We were able to do pretty well in
a lot of the mult pileups, but definitely less 1 or 2 call shots than HP.
I am very proud of the team and appreciate the efforts they all put in. We
certainly had plenty of eyeball QSO time and ate a lot of food in between our
turns in the radio chair. I am certain no one went hungry!
We will do this again soon. Not sure we will have enough SSB ops for a muti
effort in the SSB leg of this contest.
Thank You all for the great time, this is a great hobby with a lot of great
people!