[3830] ARRLDX CW PJ2T M/M HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ghoward@kent.edu
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW PJ2T M/M HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2023 13:51:07 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW - 2023

Call: PJ2T
Operator(s): W0CG NF9V K7TQ WI9WI W9NJY N7IR KB7Q N7NR W8WTS K8ND
Station: PJ2T

Class: M/M HP
QTH: Curacao
Operating Time (hrs): 48
Remote Operation

  160:   438    48
   80: 10933    57
   40:  1742    59
   20:  1781    60
   15:  2151    59
   10:  2146    61
--------------------
Total:  9291   344  Total Score = 9,588,312

Club: CCC

Comments:

Welcome to Randy, K7TQ, on his first trip to PJ2T, and his first experience with
high rate "power" contesting. Randy is President of W0CG's home club,
the Spokane DX Association, and it was fun to have him on the team.

We did 160 entirely via remote operators N7NR, W8WTS, and K8ND. Thanks to them
for enduring really challenging Topband conditions. We networked the logs using
the Hamachi VPN solution, and all of that worked nicely. We did the other five
bands locally at the shack.

After many years of trouble-free contests, Murphy stopped by in the form of a
severe wall of S7 manmade noise on 80, which made us half deaf much of the time;
and in the form of parasitic noise on 10 from the 20 meter station. We ran the
entire contest on the 20 meter Europe antenna in order to be able to work 10. We
will seek out and destroy the offending security lights, wall transformers,
inverter air conditioners, switching power supplies, solar arrays, or whatever
and kill them, but this hurt us this weekend.

Thanks to KB7Q for handling the networking, logging, and log submission.

It was a fun week getting the old gang back together and enjoying wonderful food
and friendships and lots of QSOs. But overall QSOs were down this year. When
conditions are great for NA -> Europe, we southerners don't do quite as well.

A special thanks to my partner, Dorothy Dahlgren, for her hard work at meal
planning, shopping, and keeping us all fed and watered (and beer-ed) so that we
could focus on the contest. She may be the most patient non-ham partner in the
universe.

After two decades of steady his participation we very much missed our great
friend Bill, W9VA, who was unable to make the trip this year. We wish him well
and missed his company and his superb operating skills.

Thanks as always to the members of our CCC club group whose support makes it
possible for us to be on the air, now in our 23rd season of operation from
Curacao. Without our membership support we would be nowhere.

See you on the SSB weekend, 73,

       - Geoff, W0CG, PJ2DX, for the PJ2T crew