[3830] ARRLDX CW K6NR SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k6nr@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW K6NR SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2023 19:08:08 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW - 2023

Call: K6NR
Operator(s): K6NR
Station: K6NR

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 23:43
Remote Operation

  160:   21    13
   80:   80    25
   40:  154    48
   20:  316    65
   15:  357    71
   10:  617    74
-------------------
Total: 1545   296  Total Score = 1,365,744

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

Best conditions I've heard in 9 years or so. 10 meters on Saturday morning was
filled with signals, I found a clear spot in the "boonies" above
28150. Called
CQ once and I had an instant pileup larger then any I've had before. Many Eu
callers, all about the same strength, on the exact same frequency. Most were
running 100 watts or less, still very strong. I strained to pull out partial
calls, and asked for fills. Interesting how many stations ignore the
"xx?" and
call anyway.

Sunday morning was also great on 10, which stayed open to Europe most of the
morning. 15 and 20 were good too, and 40 for that matter. I even managed to
hear and work a few Eu on 80, and one on 160. JA was strong on all bands.
One mark of great conditions are the 6 band QSOs, which I had with P40N, KH6LC,

KP4AA, KL7RA, T48K, PJ2T, and JA3YBK - lots of 5 band QSOs too.

Thanks to everyone for the QSOs, especially the folks in Japan (562 QSOs) and
Germany (99 QSOs).   73, Dana
-----
Station: Elecraft K4, KPA1500, running about 1200 Watts most of the time
Antennas: 160m inverted L over 70 radials, 80m top loaded vertical over
those same radials, 40 meter vertical, 20 meter 4 element yagi at 55',
5 element 15 meter yagi at 45', 5 element 10 meter yagi at 48', A3
tribander at 40' for quick direction changees.