[3830] ARRLDX CW 8P5A(W2SC) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW 8P5A(W2SC) SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2023 03:16:28 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW - 2023

Call: 8P5A
Operator(s): W2SC
Station: 8P5A

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Barbados
Operating Time (hrs): 47
OpMode: 2BSIQ

  160:  289    46
   80:  725    56
   40: 1159    57
   20: 1466    57
   15: 1638    60
   10: 1823    58
-------------------
Total: 7100   344  Total Score = 7,114,200

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

First full effort from the new QTH.

The old 8P5A had to be dismantled when the property I was renting was sold.
Found a new place in January and took ownership in July.  Been working ever
since to build a competitive station (better than the original)  starting with
raw land with no buildings or utilities.

Did a couple low power entries via the remote, but this was the first on-site,
48 hour effort.  Was a busy week leading up to the contest and working issues
right up to the start.

Once the contest began the station worked great with a couple minor issues and
virtually no interstation interference.  There is still more work to do on both
the antennas and the building, but very pleased with first test.

Congratulations to Nate, N4YDU/TI7W for a tremendous performance and a well
deserved win.

As usual, and especially this week, the success of the operation would not be
possible without the help of my wife Kathleen

73 Tom W2SC

QSL via LotW or HA1AG