[3830] RTTY WPX IT9RBW(@IB9A) M/S LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] RTTY WPX IT9RBW(@IB9A) M/S LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2023 08:29:21 +0000
                    CQ WPX RTTY Contest - 2023

Call: IT9RBW
Operator(s): IT9RBW IT9RGY IZ2WFL
Station: IB9A

Class: M/S LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):

------------
   80:  182
   40:  996
   20:  316
   15:  483
   10:  383
------------

Club: Italian Contest Club

Comments:

It wasn't planned at all, but 2 days before the contest we were all there: Alex
RBW already in Palermo, Sal WFL (at his first ever RTTY contest) coming from
Milan, Gabry RGY coming from Krakow.
Two days on the towers to fix what the wind damaged in the last months: cables
broken, faulty connectors, antennas broken. The setup was ready some hour prior
the contest and all went well during the fun weekend.
While claiming a possible new EU Record, with more than 600k over the last
claimed record, and even with a 20m prop very disappointing, it's a pity the
competition on MS LP is pretty low. There is no secret if you claim a EU record
with a station like that: there is not enough competition. Yes you have to know
how to play, but MS LP competition here is not like SOLP or MSHP where top
stations are in place..
We've been lucky and we are very very happy for that. A good MS setup, or even
our three brothers team with better 20m prop, can overrun this score by 1MLN at
least!
See you soon!
de IB9A