[3830] CQ160 SSB ZF2VE(W1VE) Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, gerry@w1ve.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 SSB ZF2VE(W1VE) Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2023 05:50:18 +0000
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, SSB - 2023

Call: ZF2VE
Operator(s): W1VE
Station: ZF9CW

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Cayman Islands
Operating Time (hrs): 18.25
Remote Operation

Total:  QSOs = 452  State/Prov = 47  Countries = 24  Total Score = 170,400

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Thanks to Stan, K5GO/ZF9CW for the use of the station.

Propagation was bad the first night, and much worse on Saturday.
Only a handfull op Europeans at their Sunrise Saturday and ONE
on Sunday.  No VE7 or KL7, nor Washington or ID.

I am natively a CW guy, but this was a different experience.
Stan's station makes it pretty nice.
Kenwood TS590SD + PGXL Amplifier, shunt-fed 65-foot towner and
the YCCC 8-Circle antenna on receive. Oh, and the awesome ocean
only a few feet from the tower.  Operating remotely, I can only
look at pictures -- and can't wait for an oppportunity to be there.

Thanks for the QSOs!

73,

Gerry W1VE / ZF2VE