[3830] SCQP WN4AFP Single Op FixedMixed LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, daveedmo@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] SCQP WN4AFP Single Op FixedMixed LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2023 14:01:53 +0000
                    South Carolina QSO Party - 2023

Call: WN4AFP
Operator(s): WN4AFP
Station: WN4AFP

Class: Single Op FixedMixed LP
QTH: SC
Operating Time (hrs): 10.75

  160:
   80:   94     26
   40:  147    110
   20:  169     53
   15:   11     10
   10:
    6:
----------------------------
Total:  421    199      0  CW Mults = 55  Ph Mults = 55  Dig Mults = 0  Total
Score = 258,620

Club: Swamp Fox Contest Group

Comments:

First... some SCQP thougths...'d like to thank everyone for getting on the and
participating in the 2023 SCQP! This was our first year allowing FT8 Qs. I've
already seen some "FD" logs coming through, so it looks like the
digital mode activity will only increase in the future. Thank you Bill N4IQ and
Jim W4JLP for putting together the new FT8 instructions in record time. Thank
you W4CAE and WW4SF Bonus Station operators. You guys were on all the time! A
special thank you goes to all of our Mobile and Expedition stations. We had 2
mobile stations and 7 expedition stations on the air this year. These are the
'guys' that keep us in the chair and coming back for more.

Now let me share a little about my experience...WOW! I was in the chair for
10.75 hours during the 11 hours SCQP this year! I was running an IC-706MK2 (with
a stuck VFO knob) to an 80m OCF dipole at 50'. I had to spin the knob using the
N1MM software. What a challenge... I love spinning the big knob, even when
playing assisted. I get started on time and struggled to determine which band to
start one. Throughout the contest, I was flying from band to band. Conditions
were pretty darn good this year. This was my best score ever! In the evening I
tried a new (for me) operation method. I was alternating CQs between 40m and 20m
  using N1MM+ band sections with good results. During the last two hours, 80m
became active, so there were many more new Qs to make. I 'busted' the K5CM 3
county point on CW and SSB. At first I thought that 3Y0J was back on the air. My
rate was pretty good at above 60/hr for the entire contest. I enjoyed working
the QP regulars, my CWOps guys and some of my Swamp Fox bros.

Some stats:

One crazy stat was that my CW mults and PH mults were identical... 55.

Average rate    63.84 QSOs/hh
Best QSO Rate for 10 minutes period     162 QSOs/hour at 2023-02-25 16:04:00
Best QSO Rate for 30 minutes period     102 QSOs/hour at 2023-02-25 16:18:00
Best QSO Rate for 60 minutes period     81 QSOs/hour at 2023-02-25 16:15:00

QSOs per hour
2023-02-25 15:00:00 : 79 QSOs
2023-02-25 16:00:00 : 61 QSOs
2023-02-25 17:00:00 : 42 QSOs