[3830] CQ160 SSB NS3T Single Op Assisted LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 SSB NS3T Single Op Assisted LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2023 14:04:56 +0000
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, SSB - 2023

Call: NS3T
Operator(s): NS3T
Station: NS3T

Class: Single Op Assisted LP
QTH: Maryland
Operating Time (hrs): 6

Total:  QSOs = 163  State/Prov = 33  Countries = 3  Total Score = 13,176

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Too many activities this weekend involving my 3 kids, so I really didn't have
much time for this.  Highlight of the contest was being called by PJ4G on
Saturday night.

One thing I noticed this weekend - if your contesting software lets you spot
every station that you are working while S&P'ing, what about that first spot
on your new 160 run frequency, where it spots out the call of the station you
just worked?

Since I'm running assisted, I'm immediately drawn to that spot and your
frequency, because it's usually a call which is not in my log.

And then, I quickly find out that the very fresh spot is not real, and that
there is another station running there.

Is it a flaw in the contest software - because it doesn't 'know' that you have
stopped to CQ?  Or it doesn't know that you jumped around to work a new station
and came back to CQ?  Or is it a way to get around rules against self-spotting?