[3830] CQ160 SSB NN4RB Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, NN4RB@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] CQ160 SSB NN4RB Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2023 02:00:02 +0000
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, SSB - 2023

Call: NN4RB
Operator(s): NN4RB
Station: NN4RB

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: FM07ii
Operating Time (hrs): 2:17

Total:  QSOs = 55  State/Prov = 30  Countries = 1  Total Score = 3,689

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Started two hours late on Friday evening and got 55 in for my limit.  Did that
in 2:17 hrs, which is not bad for me doing all S&P.  The band was packed
with contacts takin place all the way to the mid 1900 kHz range.  I had one at
1948.2 kHz.  One interesting thing that occurred that I have never experienced
was multiple contacts on a signal frequency while S&P.  I called KC3ONO at
1929.29 kHz, after exchanging information, he says, "Standby for Dan."
 Then, N2QM calls me and gives me his information and I give him mine.  Then, he
transmits, "Standby for another."  Then, WA1YJE calls me and we
exchange the contact information.  He says thanks, then KC3ONO calls CQ.  They
had the frequency under control and it worked well on a crowded SSB 160-meter
band. Very interesting.  I did not write down any local contacts and my log only
shows four VA stations.  so, I must not have heard any.  I sure would have liked
to work that rare NJ4Q on 160 phone. I would pay for a QSL card. Had fun.

Rick
NN4RB

Rig: ICOM IC-7610
Amp: Alpha 374A
Antenna: 80-meter dipole fed as a vertical with a Palstar HFAUTO tuner as the
base
        Bi-directional 500' Beverage