[3830] NCQP N8II SO Mixed LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, N8II@aol.com
Subject: [3830] NCQP N8II SO Mixed LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2023 16:35:18 +0000
                    North Carolina QSO Party - 2023

Call: N8II
Operator(s): N8II
Station: N8II

Class: SO Mixed LP
QTH: WV
Operating Time (hrs): 7:23

   80:   31     21
   40:   53    113
   20:   27     17
   15:
   10:
    6:
    2:
----------------------------
Total:  111    151      0  Mults = 70  Total Score = 44,950

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Score includes 500 bonus points for a WRIGHT sweep. All 1x1's were worked more
than once, N4G the most of any NC fixed station with 6 Q's.

Not the most fun I have had in a QP, 20 meters was disappointing, solar flux
153, just low enough to prevent good conditions from here. 20 only opened to
most all of NC for about 30 minutes around 1815Z; the rest of the time nothing
or only far western NC. 20M scatter was unexpectedly weak for the most part.
Activity was slow to build the first hour on 40 SSB, perhaps some already on 20,
but 2nd hour was better. I had 47 Q's the first hour and 2nd best was the last
with 41, 39 on 80M, last 15 minutes were slow.

I seriously considered quitting at 16Z as the mobiles had seemed to largely
disappear on 40 (on 20 and up). At 16Z, 40 was fading, 20 only open to far
western NC, and I was feeling tired. 40 improved greatly by 19Z and so did my
energy level. Finding the mobiles on 20 and 40 seemed difficult all day, and
when I did work one it was often not a new mult. K5CM/M was not worked until
1923Z. I had pretty good luck scarfing up the mults from phone QSO's. One guy on
a line I tried to move up for a QSO a couple of times, never worked him. My best
run on 40
phone started around 19Z. Somehow I was off nearly an hour at lunch time, did
not seem that long.

Thanks for all of the QSO's. I definitely could have done better with the
mobiles, surprised at how many Q's N4CW and K3TD made on 40 CW; I was looking
for you.

73, Jeff