[3830] CQ160 SSB W1XX Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w1xx@cox.net
Subject: [3830] CQ160 SSB W1XX Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2023 18:50:45 +0000
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, SSB - 2023

Call: W1XX
Operator(s): W1XX
Station: W1XX

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: RI
Operating Time (hrs): 13.5

Total:  QSOs = 475  State/Prov = 40  Countries = 23  Total Score = 85,365

Club: CT RI Contest Group

Comments:

A storm last winter took out my former aluminum T-vertical array.  This was
replaced for the contest by a funky Inv-L-T consisting of #18 covered wire held
vertical by a fiberglass 12M SpiderPole.....then extending 40 feet horizontally
to a 32 foot T on each side. Worked better than expected.

With only two EU Friday night in the log, I opted for sleep at 1:30 AM.  Got up
at 5 AM and caught KU1CW (OR) exactly at my SR -- up to that point, my only Q
west of Colorado.  EU the 2nd night was much better but not enuf of 'em.  Quit
at 2 AM for 5 AM wake-up that yielded little. State/Province mult count was very
disappointing.

Always an interesting scenario:  You're calling an EU right on the same
frequency as a stateside CQn who can't hear him.  Chaos ensues.  "We've
already worked."  "The frequency is occupied."  Etc....Worse yet,
which happened to me this weekend -- a new EU mult right under a rag-chew in
progress. "Idiot" ... followed by expletives. Since it was a no-win
situation, I QSYed.  Fortunately,
that mult called in later.  Always fun !

73, John, W1XX