[3830] ARRLDX SSB NI0K SOUAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB NI0K SOUAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2023 00:29:37 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB - 2023

Call: NI0K
Operator(s): NI0K
Station: NI0K

Class: SOUAB HP
QTH: MN
Operating Time (hrs): 19

  160:    0     0
   80:   18    15
   40:   88    51
   20:  174    76
   15:  152    73
   10:  273    86
-------------------
Total:  705   301  Total Score = 636,615

Club: Minnesota Wireless Assn

Comments:

Family kept me from starting until Saturday morning, but wow all day Saturday
was amazing! Although I failed to get any runs going,the S&P was all POUNCE!
The spots window was full of multipliers and propagationfavored me, working most
mults with one or two calls.20 was a blast, open everywhere even in the early
morning Sunday. Europe and Asia were side by side on the band. Things tapered
off around 0200 local Sunday and I grabbed a couple hours sleep. 0400 local saw
me back in the shack. Conditions were completely different by that time, with
many NA stations running instead of DX.Q's were much slower and mults were far
and few.Sunday afternoon there was a lull and I put in for a short nap.Instead
of an hour I slept for almost 4 hours- whoops.Getting back on I found stateside
ops had turned into piranhas swarming around the DX. My goal of 750k faded and
became 600k which I made comfortably. Overall I was pleased with the results of
last year's antenna work.The upper bands were terrific, but the lower bands were
poor.Next year's bands will be even better!