[3830] ARRLDX SSB VA4JP SOSB10 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, va4jp@va4jp.ca
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB VA4JP SOSB10 LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2023 00:43:36 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB - 2023

Call: VA4JP
Operator(s): VA4JP
Station: VA4JP

Class: SOSB10 LP
QTH: Mitchell, MB
Operating Time (hrs): 3:45

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:   5      5
   15:
   10:  49     35
-------------------
Total:  54     40  Total Score = 6,480

Club: Radiosport Manitoba

Comments:

SOSB-10 score could be 5,145 but may change depending on whether all those TO
stations are new mults. Speasking of TO's and not knowing where they unless you
have the program REF sells for €25. ;>)

I could not get motivated. Felt awful yesterday (non-contagious awful, which may
or may not be better) so I decided not to put up with the mob  on any band but
10. The 1/4-wave vertical was surprising. I did not work him but the biggest
thrill was hearing that loud HZ1! We rarely hear south Asia or the Middle East
here or in Karlstad where we had a much better antenna so that was an incredible
surprise. If I had to list one disappointment it would be the lack of VK/ZL They
were there but ESP, at best. JA's were heard quite a bit but not worked thanks
to the rowdy callers and my lack of patience.