[3830] ARRLDX SSB W1DYJ SOUAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, larryb@alum.mit.edu
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB W1DYJ SOUAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2023 21:04:21 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB - 2023

Call: W1DYJ
Operator(s): W1DYJ
Station: W1DYJ

Class: SOUAB LP
QTH: EMA
Operating Time (hrs): 5:52

  160:    0     0
   80:   13    12
   40:   33    25
   20:   72    38
   15:   55    38
   10:  139    55
-------------------
Total:  312   168  Total Score = 157,248

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Given that I have done too many contests recently according
to my wife, and that I find phone contests stressful, I was
quite demotivated.  I didn't plan on a lot of time in my
10th participation of the ARRL SSB. My goal was to limit my
time to about one hour every time I engaged, exploit
whatever band was best at that time, and enjoy the contest.
My only goal: to not have a "personal worst."

My BIC time turned out to be <6 hours.  The good news:
every time I fired up, there were a LOT of Qs that were new.
Even thought I was all "C&P" I saw quite good rates,
peaking at 87.  A new band means many Qs.

AND it was a 10m contest!  45% of my Qs & 33% of my mults
were on 10m.  The highest frequency I had a Q on was
28.985.  Ten seemed to be open most of the time I was on.

When I started contesting a number of years ago, it was to
gather "DX entities," and/or "band-countries."  Now that I
have 8BDXCC contesting has little draw -- and 160 (my
current WAS/DXCC interest) was essentially not there.
But, even with the few hours I spent, I had fun.  A few
points for the YCCC.

I always enjoy using ContestOnline for encouragement.  I
have now started using Scott's (N3FJP's) HamDash.
< https://hamdash.affirmatech.com/ >  It is very real-time,
and for those who use Scott's (et.al.) contest loggers I
highly recommend it.

Rig: TS-590SG
BIC = 5:43 hours  ("60 min" = 6:45)
Logger: N3FJP ARRL Int. DX Ver 5.1.4
Antennas:
   160/80/40  Fan dipole: trapped 80/40/30 [SE-NW]
       AND trapped 160/75 [S-N, with North end
       turning a few times to fit in the yard] @ 35'
       at center, ~15' at ends
   On Roof Tower: