[3830] ARRLDX SSB PY2ZEA SOUSB10 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, py2zea@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB PY2ZEA SOUSB10 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2023 05:15:08 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB - 2023

Call: PY2ZEA
Operator(s): PY2ZEA
Station: PY2ZEA

Class: SOUSB10 HP
QTH: GG68ct
Operating Time (hrs): 10

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10: 1109    59
-------------------
Total: 1109    59  Total Score = 196,293

Club: Araucaria DX Group

Comments:

Busy on Saturday, but spent Sunday afternoon/evening at
the local club station PY2ERA where my rig is installed.

Propagation on ten was simply GREAT !
Almost like in 1959 when I got my first ham license !

Sorry, unable to pick up the weakest callers due to the typical urban noise.
K3 noise blanker helped a lot, but didn´t clean the band completely.

Rig: K3 & OM-Power 2500
Ant: 5-el monoband yagi, up 24 ft, for Citizen Band, tuned on 27.5 MHz

The OM-Power refused to work with the high SWR,
but was OK up to 1 kW PEP on 28 MHz with an external antenna tuner

CU next in WPX SSB, probably M/S with our club´s "vanity call" PR2R

73 Ville PY2ZEA OH2MM