[3830] TESLA W2LCQ SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w2lcq@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] TESLA W2LCQ SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2023 06:29:26 +0000
                    TESLA Memorial HF CW Contest - 2023

Call: W2LCQ
Operator(s): W2LCQ
Station: W2LCQ

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 8

------------
   80:   1
   40:  77
------------
Total:  78  Total Score = 3,008

Club:

Comments:

I really enjoy this contest. Another remote effort using the BeLoud WW4LL
station in Atlanta. Thought I could move back and forth between 80 and 40 but
that turned out not to be the case. 80/40 were dead all Saturday afternoon.
Didn't start hearing EU until about 1700 ET. 80 was very noisy with very little
activity. Stayed on 40m. Did much better than the 2 previous years. Ran most of
the time but did S&P as opportunities appeared on the AW. Copying the S/N
and Grid became easy after a while. The score indicated above will be much lower
than the final score as the final score is based on the distance between grids.
Did not hear many US stations. I noticed that there were other contests taking
place at the same time: TM, BERU,OKQP, and a couple others but they all sorted
themselves into different band segments. I need to get the monitot and keyboard
if I'm to progress at contesting. Tesla complained that he had difficulty tuning
circuits in Manhattan so he moved to Colorado for 3 years. I know how he felt.

Icom 7300 100w out
40m - 4 el full size Yagi
80m - Four Square
N3ZN paddle w/AI7R Paddle Interface Box