[3830] SA10 KH6AQ M/S LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, telegrapher9@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] SA10 KH6AQ M/S LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2023 18:15:27 +0000
                    South America 10-Meter Contest - 2023

Call: KH6AQ
Operator(s): KH6AQ NH6V
Station: KH6AQ

Class: M/S LP
QTH: Pahoa, HI
Operating Time (hrs): 10

   CW:   92      73      12
  SSB:  318     165      10
-----------------------------
Total:  410     238      22  Total Score = 224,120

Club:

Comments:

We were setting up at the coast for the Stew Perry 160 contest and decided to
work the SA 10 meter before 160 opened. Our spot has a great ocean shot from
Japan down to the top of South America. We ran 100 watts because the 1500 watt
SS amp died last week. The 3 element Sirio monoband Yagi was 12’ above ground
with height above the ocean of 25-30 ft. SSB QSOs with Europe were strong and we
used CW for mults.

Rob, NH6V, explained to many casual ops what the SA contest is and what the
exchange is. No doubt some of those ops went on to work others in the contest.
All in all it was a fun contest and thanks to everyone we worked. NH6V made all
the SSB and KH6AQ made most of the CW Qs.

FTdx-100D
3 element monoband Yagi up 30’