[3830] Commonwealth VK2GR SO-Open-24 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, allan.vk2gr@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] Commonwealth VK2GR SO-Open-24 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2023 19:47:01 +0000
                    RSGB Commonwealth Contest - 2023

Call: VK2GR
Operator(s): VK2GR
Station: VK2GR

Class: SO-Open-24 HP
QTH: QF54EQ
Operating Time (hrs): 16:31

   80:   18      450
   40:   81     1280
   20:  205     1940
   15:   95     1135
   10:   96     1440
-----------------------
Total:  495     6245  Total Score = 6,245

Club: VK Contest Club

Comments:

My highlight of the contest were working many many stations on 4 bands and most
of the local ones on 5 bands.
At the UK sunset on 80m only two G stations worked and none at my sunrise time;

This was disappointing for 80m compared to the past month for the 80m band.
The 40m band was noisy and a poor performer for me and the 20m band was very
noisy for the first half of the contest, this made the weak stations difficult
to copy. The 15m and 10m bands were good when open although the 10m band was a
bit fickle. Although the above comments may sound a bit negative, that is the
way it was for me.
Unless I am missing something, N1MM+ may track the scoring correctly but does
not assist in tracking the call areas worked for the bonus points; records for
call areas worked must be kept on paper.
Overall the contest was good fun with a better score than the last couple of
years.

Thanks for the contacts.