[3830] WiQP K9MU SO Fixed LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WiQP K9MU SO Fixed LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2023 02:43:16 +0000
                    Wisconsin QSO Party - 2023

Call: K9MU
Operator(s): K9MU
Station: K9MU

Class: SO Fixed LP
QTH: EN44
Operating Time (hrs): 7
OpMode: SO2R

  160:      6
   80:     45       53
   40:    141      148
   20:    122      169
   15:     33       46
   10:               1
    6:
    2:               1
  UHF:
------------------------
Total:    347      418  Mults = 104  Total Score = 175,298

Club: Chippewa Valley VHF Contesters

Comments:

This was my first real SO2R effort in a contest. I used N1MM+ in S&P and
with Dual CQ's through a home-brew audio/switching interface box. It was rough
(I didn't practice much) but I think I was able to add a few extra Q's to the
log. Most of time, I got all flustered trying to toggle the proper log window up
to type in calls and send exchanges. This slowed rate down but I still think the
dual CQ's on different bands helped. It what a great feeling logging two QSO's
at the same time! I kept thinking, maybe I will reach the the WE9V contest God
status someday? :-)

It turned out my IC-746PRO was terrible on CW due to receiver overloading. I had
to run with full attenuation on to hear anything. So sorry for the guys that
called with a weaker signal. I couldn't hear you...

Thanks to my contest neighbor, Scott NE9U, for the invigorating competition!

Equipment:

Elecraft K3 and IC-746Pro (SO2R)
F12 C4SXL (tribander + 2 el on 40m) @ 50 ft
40m dipole