[3830] VaQP K2PI SOAB/MixedFixed LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] VaQP K2PI SOAB/MixedFixed LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2023 01:55:18 +0000
                    Virginia QSO Party - 2023

Call: K2PI
Operator(s): K2PI
Station: K2PI

Class: SOAB/MixedFixed LP
QTH: VA
Operating Time (hrs): 9.5

  160:    2
   80:  114      7
   40:  101    116
   20:   69
   15:   14
   10:    6
    6:
    2:           1
  UHF:
----------------------------
Total:  306    124      0  Mults = 127  Total Score = 95,504

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

The VAQP coincides with spring break, and with one of my daughters home, I
didn't expect to get much time at all, and certainly not to break more than a
handful of QSO's, but she flew back Sunday, leaving us missing her, but me with
some time on my hands, and I tried to use it wisely!

Spent most of the contest using my IC-705 and a little HardRock-50 Amp, with no
more than 50W output (30W on 20M) and still had plenty of runs.  Had to switch
to the K3 when I left CW so I could use the headset and beverages.  Tons of
great QSOs, so many stations from outside VA that I am shamed I've not worked
enough in the other QPs, I certainly owe a debt.  Also thanks to Angel NR3N, my
contest buddy, who chatted with me via text as we both competed with ourselves.

Two interesting events:  One station called me using MCW, probably with FLDigi,
and that got my attention.  We need to educate our newer contesters to avoid
them getting a pink slip.

Also, N8KH, when you asked me "NR?" 20 or 30 times, and I kept
replying with JUST my NR, I finally came to the conclusion you were a slim
DQRMing me and moved on.  You really need to fix your local QRM problem, but
sorry we did not work.  The Timewave ANC-4 was a Godsend when I lived overseas
in high noise environments. Hope to work you another time.

Thanks everyone for a great contest, and thanks to all our mobiles, rovers and
portables who gave out the rare counties.  I don't think I've heard that many
mults in many years.

73
Harv
K2PI
Rigs:  IC-705 @50W, K3 at 100W
Ants:  K4KIO Hex at 40 feet, ZS6BKW Dipoles at 50 feet, Inv-L at 70 Feet