[3830] KsQP N8II Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, HARTLEY145@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] KsQP N8II Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2023 21:12:03 +0000
                    Kansas QSO Party - 2023

Call: N8II
Operator(s): N8II
Station: N8II

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: WV
Operating Time (hrs): 14:20

   80:    7      0
   40:   33      7
   20:  170     96
   15:   58      6
   10:    1      0
    6:
----------------------------
Total:  269    109      0  Mults = 95  Total Score = 97,475

Club:

Comments:

After working the KQP the first 2 hours I was "not feeling the joy" of
the long hours yet to come although I have to admit the pace was picking up a
bit right before 16Z. I decided to give OHQP a try and 40M was excellent for mid
day. For a while I tried jumping back and forth from 20/15 and KQP with slow
paced OHQP on 40. At 1945Z the OH pace picked up enough that I did little
searching on 20 after that. I worked the KQP ops that I heard on 40 and 80
through the evening. Throw in a few HI Q's as well as 15 and 10M was wide open
to HI as well.

I was pleased to work 58 CW Q's on 15M mostly on Saturday. W0E was my lone 10M
CW QSO, some Es on 10/15 for sure. Saturday conditions were also excellent to KS
on 20 all day well into the evening and signals on 40 and even 80 were very good
in the evening/night. I worked every station I heard on 80 pretty easily and
most easily on 40. Sunday condx were more what I expected on 20 with high
absorption starting about 1515Z and never getting much better.

I figured I had better dupe stations worked Saturday for the Sunday only award,
but it looks like that was a waste of time per 3830 reports so far. FYI, KS ops
please set your parameters to allow dupes for those working towards the Sunday
award. N3FJP defaults to logging no dupes, but I believe that parameter can be
changed.

The pace Sunday was fairly slow as usual and SSB activity plummeted on 20 as
conditions to more distant areas worsened. Catching all possible fixed ops again
and chasing the mobiles kept it interesting enough to push on. 15M was very
marginal to KS with all of my QSO's between 1500 and 1736Z.

Many thanks to the 8 active mobiles/rovers who make the KQP interesting for
those
long hours. I miss Butch, WY0A/K0O and those many SSB Q's/counties. Many thanks
to the army of in state and out of state rovers/mobiles (K0S, W0O, K0A, W0Q,
N0R, W0W, K0I) and sorry for not so many Q's on Saturday. You all did an
excellent job!

Thanks especially to Bob, W0BH for handing out the 4 different calls and
spending many hour organizing, scoring, and sending out awards. I hope to be
around next year for more fun.

Thanks for the Q's and 73, Jeff