[AMPS] Sum Newz

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Sum Newz
From: w6frmarv@juno.com (marv h. gonsior)
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 1997 19:14:21 PST
Hello ampers,

I've just received a copy of a FAX that was sent to George Badger of
Svetlana from an Australian company that announced their new 1.5kW
amplifier using the 4CX1600B. The company name is Andrews Communications
Systems and claims to be "importers and distributors of quality
communications equipment."

They have two models, one with air variable and the other with vacs.
They claim 2.2kW out from 160 to 10 meters with 50 watts input and more
with 70 watts in.  They will also provide QSK and the radio is called
the DX-1600!  In an attached ad, the prices are for the DX-1600A and the
1600V are $4450 and $5250 (Australian) respecitively.  They claim
everything is built with top quality, conservative components, and I see
five LED bars for metering in the photo of their front panel.

On the same subject, Ten-Tech has resumed production of their Titan 425
and are taking orders for delivery this month for $3775 and I am not
exactly sure of this price but it is close.....give or take a few, hi!

It's just sort of interesting to see where commercialy made amplifiers
are going.

73,

Marv, W6FR