[AMPS] LETS CHEW SOME MORE!

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] LETS CHEW SOME MORE!
From: dick.green@valley.net ("Dick Green".)
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 1997 01:03:31 -0500
> So if ones difference in signal could be
> measured, would there be a difference in the signal between an antenna
with a
> 1:1 swr without a tuner, and the signal from the same station with an
antenna
> with a 2:1 swr using a tuner to yield a 1:1 swr? What do you think?

Actually, this is a very easy test to run on an 80-meter dipole. Run one
test at the point of resonance (hopefully the antenna will be high enough
to give you a SWR of 1:1 at resonance), then run another test at the 2:1 or
3:1 point, using an antenna tuner to effect a perfect match. Assuming the
feedline is not lossy, the match between the feedline and dipole is good,
and there are no resistive losses in the tuner, my money says that your
antenna will radiate the same power and get the same signal report in both
cases.

73, Dick, WC1M