[AMPS] matching (woops) and Transformer sag

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] matching (woops) and Transformer sag
From: w8jitom@worldnet.att.net (Tom Rauch (W8JI))
Date: Sun, 09 Mar 1997 19:01:50 -0500
I intended to delete more of my post than I did. I appologize.

John ON4UN and '2RK  Bob made good points.

The next issue of Communications Quarterly will have an article on
Conjugate Matching.
Jack Belrose (VE2CV) and I worked on the paper they are publishing. It
covers tuners and PA's.

QROking (I thought that was a prankster, but now I am not so sure) said
something about the formula or graphs for voltage sag not working. If
the transformer or power lines have a high series impedance or
resistance, the amount of capacitance needed for optimum performance
will decrease greatly.

Of course voltage regulation will be poor in such a system!!

No point in using a whole lot of capacitance if the transformer or power
line has less than optimum performance.

73 Tom