[AMPS] Other topics?

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Other topics?
From: dom@shocking.com (Ron Angle (AB6ZX))
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 1997 15:03:00 -0800
It'd be nice to see more here from those building/rebuilding homebrews. The
tips I've gotten so far have been helpful in my overhaul of an old beast using
4-400s in GG.

Q1: What are the opinions out there on TUNED INPUT circuits for GG amps (esp.
the tetrode types) versus non-tuned?

Q2: What plate voltage values are most of you using on 4-400s and 4-1000s?

Q3: Off the wall...? Has anyone tried dissecting the LC circuit parts from the
output of a vacuum tube transceiver and using them to build a tuned input
circuit? I've got the guts of several Heath SB-series rigs waiting to be
canibalized.

73
ron ab6zx
chico ca