[AMPS] Plate Voltage Regulation

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Plate Voltage Regulation
From: grhosler1@mmm.com (grhosler1@mmm.com)
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 1997 11:03:22 -0600
With all the discussion over methodology of HV regulation it brought to mind an
article in QST a few years ago by a gentlemen from "5" land that offered a
different way to control the HV regulation.  He designed a triac control
circuit that sampled the secondary plate voltage and would control the "ON"
time of the triac on the primary side of the transformer.  If I recall
correctly his regulation was on the order of 1%.  Has anyone on the reflector
ever experimented with something along this line?  There were a few caveats in
the article (don't have it handy) but I thought the idea very clever.

de KN0Z  Gary