[AMPS] Insentive licenseing

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Insentive licenseing
From: w5hvv@aeneas.net (Roderick M. Fitz-Randolph)
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 1997 19:54:20 +0000
>Well the insentive to get EXTRA was a new AMP.
>Well I passed so I get to buy me one.
>I have looked at the QRO 2500DX, AL1500 and Alpha 91B
>I would like some input about the 91B from some of you that own them.
>I am leaning towards the 91B.
>
>Thanks de KR4DA Bob Lawrenceville GA

DON'T!  Bob, the AL-1500 is the battleship of them all if you are
looking for reliability and ruggedness.  If the 91B is anything near
as sensitive and prone to failure as the 87A I had, I'd sure recommend
you not buy it!!  My 87A was a pain in the posterior to me and to the
poor fellow that bought it from me.  I have an AL-1500 now and it is
RUGGED!.... and the power output doesn't stop at 1500 watts by a LONG
shot... so when you run it at legal power, it is loafing and will last
a long, long time!

Rod, W5HVV