[AMPS] Now I get responces

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Now I get responces
From: KR4DAGRIP@aol.com (KR4DAGRIP@aol.com)
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 1997 19:29:08 -0500 (EST)
Gee I asked for comments about the 91B a couple of weeks ago and got three
responces. Only one was negative.
I talk about AIRFLOW and look what I recieve.......
I felt it would be best to not include names and calls.

A:
I think you should consider the COMMAND HF-2500 or -2500E for the money.
Your in for the hassle of you life with alpha. You'll see.

B:
BOB;

Have you considered/heard of/familiar with the Alpha Power delay in
repairs to the point they had to stop production?

I think the same quality can be found in a QRO TECHNOLIGIES or COMMAND
TECH. amplifier re the components I have seen.

GL if you get Alpha; our last DX lub member air freighted his to CO 4
times in 9 months!

C:
The 91B is made in Bulgaria, not Colorado. I know three hams within five
miles of me who have 91Bs and not one of the amps arrived fit to use.
They all went back to Colorado. I have the 811H and  know a guy who just
got an AL-800H. The 811H is now running 572Bs and just loafs at 600
watts out. The 800H is a hell of a nice amp and will put out 2500 watts
no sweat.

I would really like a comment about C. If I could add 4 572B's to my AL 811H
and
get 2500 out ...this would be the thing to do. BTW C is the complete text as
recieved, as
is A and B.

Ok I just got off the phone with one of the VK0IR hams. He said get the 91B
The QRO amp was a real close second. So will report my experiences with
it at another time. Delivery in about three weeks.
Thanks for all the input guys.
I will not hold him accountable though if I have made a mistake.
BTW he says he will be giving us a VK0IR presentation at the South East Dx
club meeting next month.

73 de KR4DA Bob LAwrenceville GA