[AMPS] FET Power Amps

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] FET Power Amps
From: k0wa@southwind.net (Lee Buller)
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 1997 16:48:50 -0600
I was listen to some guys on 75 meters the other night (Nothing was good on
TV) and they were talking about FET amplifiers.  They seemed to be quite
informed about the subject.

My questions is this...where is the technology today to have a big old harry
1.5 KW amp with enough headroom that uses solid state devices?

I know that is broadcasting (AM and FM) a lot of rigs are being produced use
solid state devices.  I know Harris, BE, Continental, Elcom/Baur and a
others are doing this...on FM and AM.  Why hasn't the designs made it to ham
radio?

Thanks for the comments....or flames.

Lee
k0wa@southwind.net