[AMPS] SB-220 IMPROVEMENTS

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] SB-220 IMPROVEMENTS
From: measures@vc.net (Rich Measures)
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 97 07:25:11 -0800

Two db on moonbounce is worth having.  Two db on 75m is not.
 An old timer, W6SDM, once told me that if you want to build a sudsier
SSB amplifier, it takes close to ten db more pep output to make the
effort worthwhile.
 Installing a kingkong power supply in a Drake L-4 is worth a coup;le of
db.  The only guy who's gonna know is the one who reads the wattmeter.
The guy who is looking at an S-meter during normal qsb conditions won't.
.  .
--Rich--

R. L. Measures, ag6k, 805-386-3734