[AMPS] : Drake L-7 Manual Error

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] : Drake L-7 Manual Error
From: km1h@juno.com (km1h@juno.com)
Date: Wed, 02 Apr 1997 17:12:08 EST
This is my 3rd try to get this msg out....Juno and Murphy have been out
partying somewhere.

OK gang, here is posting #99 to add to the confusion factor!

It appears that Drake had a typo in one of their L-7 manual runs. One
listed the 220ma idling current for Eimac 3-500Z's and the other
(corrected?) has 260ma.

That correction now agrees with the chart posted earlier by AF2C and
WA2MOE for the L-4B.  Since both models use identical power supplies may
we finally assume that the 260ma is correct?

The now 100ma difference between the Amperex and Eimac tubes tells me we
are certainly not dealing with identical tubes as one chap would lead us
to believe. I rest my case.

73...Carl   KM1H