[AMPS] Care and Feeding of the 3CX800A7

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Care and Feeding of the 3CX800A7
From: KC0EI@aol.com (KC0EI@aol.com)
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 1997 08:33:23 -0400 (EDT)
It seems to me that there was an article in one of the Ham publications years
ago about the proper treatment of this ceramic tube.  What I am talking about
is the proper cycle time.  I know that we must let it warm up before use.
 The question is, how long should it be left on after the last QSO, etc..

For example, we turn on the amp to work p5xx and get lucky with the first
call and do not plan to chase any more DX.  Should we just turn it off and go
watch TV or keep it on for a period of time?  Should we casually turn it on
when we turn on the transceiver just in case we need it?  I know that we
should not just casually turn it on and off.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Tom  k0zm/kc0ei     kc0ei@aol.com