[AMPS] 1500 Watts of Disipation - Is that fair?

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] 1500 Watts of Disipation - Is that fair?
From: RobertW@ewol.com (Robert W. Stankus)
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 1997 16:56:58 -0400
To my distinguished ham radio friends.

Yes, 1500 watts is more than enough!
Our cars today are cut back in effeciency to make our atmosphere cleaner
and
healthier. We deliberately retard the spark on internal combustion engines
to abide
by the regulations in turn making them less of a threat to our environment.
Why not,
RF amplifiers.
It is time to get our sharp pencils out, our thinking caps on and start
pursuing new
amplifier designs. Have you seen the latest article in QST regarding this
new Class E amplifier? True, it won't work on SSB but it will later on as
more people get
involved with experimenting.
This amp is 90% effecient using a very small footprint. We have a lot
of bright guys out there...ready to tackle this engineering problem.
As for the guys worrying about the P5.....you will make it without a doubt.
If you are
on the Honor Roll or close to it, you have the skills necessary. You don't
have to
"turn up the wick" to do it.
I have given this NPRM much thought...over 5 years of study and contacts
with
many,many distinguished amateurs. It has met with much controversy, I
assure
you.
I think the NPRM has merit!
Good topic for disussion at Dayton next month.

Regards,
Bob - K4NV
RobertW@ewol.com