[AMPS] Reforming electrolitics

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Reforming electrolitics
From: sbookout@mnsinc.com (Steve Bookout)
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 1997 22:17:11 -0400
Howdy all,

Regarding the 'right' to run illegal power, it boils down to situational
ethics...it's fine if you don't get caught.  It becomes a matter of
integrity.  If you can live with it fine.

Changing subjects....

Are there any good guidelines for reforming electrolitic caps???

I have a bank of 10 - 490 volt jobs which were in a Collins 3-500 amp
used by the State Dept in Embassies, I think.  Anyway, don't know how
long they have been sitting around or what voltage they were used at,
etc.  I am planning to run them at 4 kv potential, whereas they were
used at 3 Kv or so before.

What should be an acceptable ball park figure for leakage current?

I've got an HP 500 volt variable supply which I can use to reform them..
I suppose I will also use some type of current limiting resistor in
series as well.

Any good thoughts on this subject?

73 all, Steve, NJ4F