[AMPS] Common PS/Multi Amps

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Common PS/Multi Amps
From: W6TG@aol.com (W6TG@aol.com)
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 1997 01:01:07 -0400 (EDT)

<< You and KL7RA are very fortunate! Most of us don't have a 4 kv@ 6 amp
 power supply lying around the shack, nor do we have electrical drops
 big enough to handle that. It still amazes me that if 6 amps are all going
 at one time, and all the B-'s are tied together, and the plate IP meters
 are in the B- returns, and the grid meters are from B- to chassis; that
 VERY "screwy" meter readings don't take place!

 (((73)))
 Phil, K5PC >>

Phil,
I will go into more detail...My supply is 4500 volts, rated @ 800ma. I do not
key more than one amp at any one time. I have one set of meters...plate
voltage, plate current, and grid current, B+ and B- from supply and meters
(plate current in B- lead) connect to both rf decks B+ and cathode lines. I
have one 4-1000A rf deck and one 8877 rf deck hooked up at the moment. NO 6
amp supply here...HI.
Terry - W6TG