[AMPS] B&W 851/852

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] B&W 851/852
From: robrk@fyi.net (Bob Morris K2RK)
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 1997 13:37:42 -0400
Skip wrote:

> Hello all,
> I've just found the group here and signed on. I've made some measurements
> of a B&W 852 coil assembly. Doing the paperwork with some of the values
> I've measured and the common charts for Pi outputs, I conclude that the
> values are pretty "general" for the advertised use.
>
> Instead of "tweaking" this one in, it was just easier to machine a new
> assembly with the proper values for my circuit.
> Has this been brought up before and have any of you experienced this same
> issue? Although the unit I have is used, I believe it to be unmodified.
>
> thanks
> Skip  wv6f
>
> --

     Bill Orr mentions the values in one of the Handbooks, and
the mods necessary. But just do the math. The listed values (850)
don't "keep" the same plate impedance for each band. (?). Some were
quite far off. As I remember doing it, remove a couple of turns and
re-tap a couple of bands (Again on an 850).