[AMPS] Alpha 78

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Alpha 78
From: lu6beg@canopus.com.ar (Ernesto M. Grueneberg)
Date: Sun, 4 May 1997 08:14:27 -0300
Hi guys:

        While watching the alpha 78's manual, I realized it has some resistors
in parallel between the rf from the exciter and the 8875s Can't remember how
many, but the value was 15 ohms. I wonder what purpose they serve, with such a
low value and also wonder if they can be removed, to increase drive => output
power??
        besides, anyone can provide any hints about this fine amplifier. I'm
only able to get 1,1 KW (with 100 W drive) and thought it should be at least
1.5 KW.

        Thanks for any answer.

Ernesto LU6BEG