[AMPS] Ameritron Al-811H

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Ameritron Al-811H
From: grimm@alison.sbc.edu (Kenneth D. Grimm)
Date: Mon, 05 May 1997 18:02:48 -0400
Rich Measures wrote:
<snipped out some interesting stuff>
>  There is nothing new or revolutionary about making VHF suppressors from
> resistance-wire.  Mr. F. E. Handy wrote about it in the 1926 Edition of
> *The Radio Amateur's Handbook*.  However, "recognized experts" Dick
> Erhorn and Tom Rauch ridiculed the idea.
> Rich---
>
> R. L. Measures, 805-386-3734, AG6K

This is really boring.  I don't know exactly how many times you have
made your point, Rich, but I, for one, have heard your message many
times more than I need to.  You are beginning to sound like a stuck
record.  We all know what you believe about nichrome and Tom Rauch.  For
Pete's sake, give it a rest!  I enjoy reading what both you and Tom have
to say about amplifiers, but your insistance on making this a personal
thing is about to ruin this reflector.  Surely you don't want to do
that!

73,
Ken K4XL