[AMPS] the "Death Kit"

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] the "Death Kit"
From: measures@vc.net (Rich Measures)
Date: Mon, 5 May 97 22:07:40 -0800
 To the best of my knowledge, two amateur radio operators have been killed
while attempting to install parasitic suppressor retrofit kits in amplifiers
that were plugged into the electric-mains.

In the instructions, under Safety precautions, I state:

" Amplifiers that are plugged into the electric-mains contain lethal voltages,
whether they are switched on or switched off!  If you don't pull the
electric-mains plug before working on your amplifier, your amplifier may be for
sale at a ?silent key¹ estate sale!!"
Rich---

R. L. Measures, 805-386-3734, AG6K