[AMPS] SB220 Grid current

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] SB220 Grid current
From: measures@vc.net (Rich Measures)
Date: Mon, 12 May 97 00:28:14 -0700
>Help,
>       The grid current meter on my SB220 is all the way to the right
>with key down, even on SSB mode of the exciter.  On dekey the meter pegs
>the left side.  Is this a tube problem or meter circuit problem.
>Suggestions please.
>
>       Thanks,
>       John
>       KO4A@juno.com
I suspect that R1 [0.82 ohm] is open.  Reverse grid current is an
indication that the filament may be out of line and touching the grid
cage when the tube is warm.  [see photo on p. 15 in 9/90 QST]
Be sure to change the cutoff bias method from voltage to resistive AND
put diodes across the meters or across the meter current shunt resistors.

Rich---

R. L. Measures, 805-386-3734, AG6K