[AMPS] Ceramic fuses

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Ceramic fuses
From: crb@nanoteq.com (Chris R. Burger)
Date: Fri, 16 May 1997 20:08:43 +200
This post is a significant deviation from the very subtle discussions
between very knowledgeable individuals that characterises this
reflector.  It is a very simple question by a complete ignoramus.

What are the reasons for using ceramic fuses, rather than glass-
envelope ones?

Does it have to do with open-circuit voltages, inductive loads that
may dissipate significant energy while blowing the fuse, or blowing
time?  Or something I in my blissful unawareness haven't even thought
of?

Chris R. Burger
ZS6EZ