[AMPS] microwave ovens

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] microwave ovens
From: w8jitom@postoffice.worldnet.att.net (w8jitom@postoffice.worldnet.att.net)
Date: Thu, 29 May 1997 23:38:39 +0000
> dear group,
>
> i'm in trouble here, trying to sort out the truth.
>
> we have those who say that k2aw uses microwave oven diodes...

Wrong. Some people just make stuff up to try to upset other people
George. If you read carefully enough, you'll figure out who does that
on a regular basis.

> we have those who say that k2aw assembles blocks using the very
> diodes others say are preferable to microwave oven diodes.

They are very good rectifier blocks George, that is a fact. I don't
use them in commercial designs because of ratings and cost, but for
one off projects it beats the heck out of etching a big board, and
figuring out how to mount it.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with or cheap about them, and they
certainly are not "microwave oven diodes".

> this is perhaps a demonstration that the internet is a great place to
> exchange information and misinformation.  let the reader beware!!

Amen.

73, Tom W8JI