[AMPS] Heathkit SB-200 parts ????

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Heathkit SB-200 parts ????
From: w8jitom@postoffice.worldnet.att.net (w8jitom@postoffice.worldnet.att.net)
Date: Sat, 31 May 1997 11:22:55 +0000
Hi Osten,

> Anyone out there who has a junk SB-200 ? I need the input
circuit coils
> for 7 and 14 MHz. Also paying top price for a mint condition front panel.

I believe the Ameritron coils for the AL-1200, 1500, and 82
will fit. Count the turns and ask for one with the same or more
turns and the mounting clip. Initially they used the same vendor as
Heath, but that vendor disappeared. Although it's now a new source,
the Ameritron coils should fit.

> Think I noticed a rumor about Svetlana coming up with a new 572B with
> higher output. Anyone who has information ????

I just had a lengthy talk with Svetlana and others about changing
572B's VERY slightly. I was told by Svetlana's president, 572's are
today the way they ALWAYS were, and I was told they will remain the
way they are for a long long while.

Don't believe half of what you read here. Just like the K2AW
diodes tales, disinformation often gets put out as fact.

73, Tom W8JI