[AMPS] Delrin Spreaders

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Delrin Spreaders
From: lmcdavid@lmceng.com (Larry McDavid)
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 1997 05:37:56 -0700
..snips..

Rich says:

>Sure, Delrin can typically be used for spreaders on 300 ohm ladder-line
>in open air, except perhaps in July and August, with a SB-200, but the
>high potentials typically encountered in an antenna tuner's roller
>inductor(s) with 1500w of RF can cause Delrin to melt and combust.  .

Peter says:

I wouldn't even recommend it for spreaders, unless you're looking to
replace them every few  years because of the ultra violet degradation.
But how about  an application as an RF firelighter?

..end snips..

What would you recommend for spreaders, not on ladder line but for
parallel dipole spreaders? Delrin is readily available in both natural
and black. The black has good UV resistance.

Larry W6FUB