[AMPS] fil regulators/trips

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] fil regulators/trips
From: measures@vc.net (Rich Measures)
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 97 02:15:23 -0700
Peter -
>.......  My experience with 723s (backed up by a fair
>number of engineers who've had similar problems) is that they are very
>prone to RF pickup.

This is a non-issue.  The fix is 2, 100k, 1/4w resistors at the 2 input
pins.

> The other aspect
>that makes me a bit dubious about using 723s for a new design is their
>age - they could very rapidly disappear  - semiconductor companies have
>a habit of killing older products on older processes.

723s are still being manufactured, as are 3-500Zs, as are 811As.  Buy
some spares.  I'm guessing that the 723 used in the amplifier will
probably last longer than the amplifier. I am still using the original
723 in my 1000v regulated 8169 screen supply.
- Rich -

R. L. Measures, 805-386-3734, AG6K