[AMPS] Re: transformers

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Re: transformers
From: measures@vc.net (Rich Measures)
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 97 05:39:24 -0700
To: <amps@contesting.com>
>> Date:          Wed, 9 Jul 97 15:11:06 +0000
>
>> >Really? Doesn't the TL-922 use a series filament string??
>> >
>> - Did you measure the filament inrush current in each tube in both
>> amplifiers, Mr. Rauch?
>
>My question was"does the TL-922 use a series or parallel filament
>circuit?". You stated the only difference was the transformer
>"style".
>.
- I measured the inrush current in each tube with a HP 1708 oscilloscope.
 Did you?  It matters not whether the filaments are fed in series with
10v or in parallel with 5v.  What matters is the measured inrush current
in each filament.  The SB-220 is within Eimac specs.  The TL-922 is not.

BTW, Mr. Rauch, I'm still waiting for you to publish the letter that you
alleged restores Mr. Miklos to the position of "R+D Engineering Manager"
at Eimac's Salt Lake City facility---a position that their personnell
department said he did not hold during his employment. . ..... As I
recall, you stated that Mr. Miklos was going to show up here In January.
.
Rich---

R. L. Measures, 805-386-3734, AG6K