[AMPS] Run a pair of 4-1000's?

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Run a pair of 4-1000's?
From: km3g@cts.com (Lane C. Zeitler)
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 1997 10:25:36 -0700
I am considering building a deck that will run a pair of these old
workhorses. The supply that I have already built up can provide up to
5500vdc at 1.2 amps ccs, 1.8 amps icas. I have two vac. variables already.
One rated at 12kv 2000pF and another rated at 10kv 2000pF. I still need
some parts.

Wondering what the group thinks about using these tubes as a pair with Ep
at 5.5kvdc. I am trying to achieve 4kW or more output. I am considering
these tubes because I have about a half dozen on hand and the replacement
costs are pretty low.

Lane KM3G
San Diego
km3g@cts.com