[AMPS] temp

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] temp
From: ke7tv@netzone.com (Randy Starace)
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 1997 20:07:13 -0700
Thanks George.. I connected the thermocoupler to the metal screen right
above the anode of the tube.   The blower has three speeds and I am
trying the lowest setting at this time to control noise polution. HI

The reading I am getting is accurate and is in the air stream an inch
above the tube.  From your figures it sounds like the low speed is fine
for SSB and CW at the legal limit.

I would think that the true temp at the junction you mention is higher
then 230f,
how much higher I don't know.  I will do more testing at different
blower speeds and
let you know if the temp goes down enough to warrant the extra noise.

73
Randy